Monday 11 April 2011

Film genre, Inspiration.

In terms of using props for the film I felt that a vintage perfume bottle will help define the genre and also create a more glamorous feel to the trailer. I also featured a similar perfume bottle with a pump in my storyboard.
Looking at pin up girl images is also a good source of inspirations as I wanted to define a character that is viewed as glamorous, vuluptious and sexy. The style of clothing is also interesting to look at as I wanted to feature pull up stockings in my teaser as planned out in my storyboard.
Looking at Edie Sedgwick was one of my main inspirations as she was a glamorous icon who was known for her quirky fashion sense and heavy make up look which was a trend that she started. This was what inspired me to create a storyboard where the main feature is of a woman getting dolled up for her glamorous lifestyle. The iconic short blonde hair cut is also highly appropriate to look at as my actress and model Holly Glavin has a similar hair style.
Audrey Hepburn is an icon who defines my genre of film noir inspired, arthouse romance. She is the classy, elegant and beautiful woman who everyone fell in love with. The film Breakfast at Tiffany's also defined the classic black dress and so I chose my model/actor Holly Glavin to wear a black dress in both my poster and teaser/trailer to define and establish my genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment